Please Help: "FATAL ERROR" message when clicking layer properties manager

bgbylund

Hi,

thank you for your help. This is crazy. I'm getting a "FATAL ERROR" message whenever I'm clicking layer property manager...it shuts down my system completely. Can anyone offer some advice? Much appreciated!!!!

I encountered this problem as well, i narrowed it down to attempting to apply layer over rides to multiple entities at a the same time, I was able to get around it by changing one, closing, reopening and then changing the next, I don't know what caused it and once I took the time to do this tedeous work around I have yet to encounter it again.

• 3 weeks later...

How do I do this? If I open a new drawing from standard acad templet, and I simply click on the layer properties manager button (or command) the Fatal error shuts down my program. I can't get to layer properties to manipulate the layers in any way. thanks

no,

would that suddenly effect my ACAD 2007 program? Non liscensed version...

Is your version of AutoCAD currently up-to-date with all service packs?

no,

I thought that was the purpose of your thread. Did you want to correct the error or were you just making an announcement?

Hi,

thank you for your help. This is crazy. I'm getting a "FATAL ERROR" message whenever I'm clicking layer property manager...it shuts down my system completely. Can anyone offer some advice? Much appreciated!!!!

Advice: Install updates or do not "clicking layer property manager" do that.

By nonlisenced are you referring to "not on subscription"?

The updates should be fine.

no,

How do I do this? If I open a new drawing from standard acad templet, and I simply click on the layer properties manager button (or command) the Fatal error shuts down my program. I can't get to layer properties to manipulate the layers in any way. thanks

During my studies we came across a similar problem. One of our group members had a 2007 unlicensed version of ACAD, as well. When we were advised to purge our layers during a lecture, the group member with the shared file at the time encountered the "Fatal Error." After that CAD shut down every single time, when the layer manger was selected (even in a new file).

Fortunately, the IT guy was able to bring ACAD back up and open the shared file; however, the shared file was permanently damaged. Although, we were able to open the file, the layers would not print. We were able to see them in model/paper space and the viewports (VP), but they would not print (even on a subscription of ACAD).

I suggest you switch to a subscription a ACAD because we had to open up a VP and redraw everything on it. Copying the files to a new file, still kept the issues. You definitely want to avoid losing your work and time already spent. :D

If buy unlicensed, you mean PIRATED software, which would seem to be the case since there has been no response, you need to be reported to Autodesk.