ACAD 2012 Structural Detailing Question:

HL Turner Group

First post so I apologize if I am doing this in the wrong area... my company recently purchased ACAD 2012 Structural Detailing software and although I have not spent an adequate amount of time exploring is, I was wondering if anyone knew if the package included wood design? We are a structural engineering / architectural firm and we do a lot of wood and steel design. Any information regarding "WOOD" would be greatly appreaciated.

Randy

I didn't even know Autodesk released a detailing software. I guess they are trying to compete with Tekla in this area.

I doubt they have wood in it but I would imagine you could add "wood components" that would be modeled in steel though. I don't know enough about this or Tekla, so I'm totally guessing.

It says on Autodesk site, steel and concrete. I have not seen any programs for structural that mention they do wood, they maybe something you would find in an ARCH package. Of course I have mostly been researching plant design packages.

Did you get Structural Detailing as a stand alone or part of a Building Design Suite? The Premium and Ultimate contain Architecture and Revit Architecture.