3D and Hidden Lines

Burner

I drew a desk in 3D and dimensioned in model space. There are a few different views on my template in paper space (front, side, top, iso).

I have all the Visual styles for each VP set at 2D Wireframe and Shade plot to legacy hidden.

The problem is that the objects that would otherwise be hidden from view because they are behind something are being displayed. I can fix this by changing the Visual style to 3D Hidden, but then I run into this issue:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?59369-Dimensions-Print-quot-Outlined-quot

The goal is to draw an object in 3D and dimension. Tips or tricks?

When I draw in 3D, I draw the model in model space but all dimensions, notes etc on paperspace. If I dimensions in model space then I would have all dimensions in all viewports regardless of what axis they're on. Hope this makes sense.

Definitely makes sense. I have started to do this but have noticed some dimensions are correct while not other are not. I double checked the lengths in modelspace and they are correct. Weird...

Yep, if you're viewport is scaled, I find that the dimensions are dimensioning the paper and not the model. Make sure you are selecting the endpoint, etc and not nearest and if that still doesn't work just find one that is correct and do a match property on the incorrect ones.