dwt format doesn't save in new name upon save

khoshravan

What I know from office programs, is that if I make a template file, upon saving the file, it will ask for new name, like as it is a new file.

I was expecting same concept in AutoCAD, so I made a template with dwt extension and save it in template folder of cad.

I opened it to draw a drawing and upon saving I was expecting it to ask for a name and save location, but it saved under same template file.

What is wrong with my steps and is template concept different in AutoCAd from other programs?

How did you access that template file when start a new drawing? The above description suggest that you use OPEN to call it. Should use NEW command in order to get the expected result.

Regards,

Mircea

How did you access that template file when start a new drawing? The above description suggest that you use OPEN to call it. Should use NEW command in order to get the expected result.

Regards,

Mircea

Yes I opened it. OK I will try the way you mentioned

if u open a dwt and make changes the template will change. click new and choose a template and then when u save it will save as a new dwg and not effect the template for future use if that makes any sense what so ever.