revit 2012 basics tab.

Gemma Elizabeth

Hi all, I have just embarked on the mission of learning Revit 2012.

I'm having problems in locating the 'basics' tab (the one located in the tutorials on the left)

Is this in a different release, if not can you tell me step guide how to open it.

Interface.jpg

Thanks

It's always helpful to talk these things out, even if you resolve it yourself!

I am curious though...if you are working on Revit 2012, why does your title bar say 2008?

I am curious though...if you are working on Revit 2012' date=' why does your title bar say 2008?[/quote']

The tutorial (of which the above screenshot is from) he is following is for 2008.

The tutorial (of which the above screenshot is from) he is following is for 2008.

:lol: I thought that was a screen shot of the OP's Revit session. You know what my next question was gonna be though, right? Where did those pastel colors come from? Groovy man....

hahaha.. sure.. though to my defense it was passed mid night and my eyes were falling out of my head! ...got there in the end ;)

...as far as the pastels go... maybe some time in the future we might be able to customize the interface ourselves.. something a little better than what gmail offers currently!!

..also any ideas about rendering options in Revit?? at a quick glance the cloud seems to be pretty kool, though wondering what the other options are.

There was a huge interface change from 2008 to 2009 that has carried to 2012.

Using tutorials from a pre-2009 release are going to be very difficult to understand.

The closest thing to the Basics toolbar, would be the Home or Architect tabs in 2009+.

Which version of Revit are you using; Architecture, MEP or Structural?

There was a huge interface change from 2008 to 2009 that has carried to 2012.

Using tutorials from a pre-2009 release are going to be very difficult to understand.

The closest thing to the Basics toolbar, would be the Home or Architect tabs in 2009+.

Which version of Revit are you using; Architecture, MEP or Structural?

Actually fried, I have Revit Architecture 2009, and the interface looks much the same as Gemma's 2008 pic.

revit.jpg