AlignDB, AutoCAD LT 2012, AutoCAD 2012

CADAsh25

OK so I am working with AlignDB Blue Sky Software. I just spent about 2k on 2 seats for AutoCAD LT thinking that that software would work, but I didn't realize that ACAD LT doesn't allow third party programs to be installed. So my question is can I get a discounted version of the full version with the LT versions? I really don't want to spend that much money after already purchasing AutoCAD LT. I feel like an idiot and I wish that I knew that I was going to be using this software with AutoCAD.

Thanks,

Is that because AlignDB makes use of lisp routines?

Note: The Blue Sky website makes no mention of AutoCAD LT. It just refers to AutoCAD. Maybe they should have said their product only works with the full version of AutoCAD.

I doubt that you'll get any kind of a substantial discount on full AutoCAD just because you have two seats of LT. Trade one in if you must.

Edited by ReMark

Normally an upgrade path from AutoCAD LT to AutoCAD (discount)

In this economy you'll be lucky if they credit you the full price of LT towards the upgrade to full AutoCAD. Anything more than that count yourself lucky.