Path Array Problem/Oversight

I am creating a set of parametric stairs. All of my constraints are in place for my 2 main work points. I am now trying to make an associative path array to depict the stair treads. Path array works great initially, however when I change my variables for stair height, my stair treads tilt with my work line in such a way that they're no longer parallel to the floor. The angle of the stairs must be variable as it will change from one set of stairs to another. All that said, I am wondering if there is some variable or command that will make the treads retain their ucs orientation regardless of the angle of my path line. I've tried every option while creating the array with no luck. Please Help.

I don't think we have enough information about how you're creating your stairs. Assuming these stairs are not also part of a dynamic block, I'd say you may be overconstrained, (or under constrained if there are no horizontal or parallel contraints on the treads) Then again, I'm not even sure associative arrays and geometric constraints are ever going to play well together.

Post the drawing if possible.

well, it's not a dynamic block at the moment. Regarding constraints, when i started out I had a horizontally constrained tread as my array source, but in making it an associative array the constraints were automatically removed. I'll try to figure out how to attach the drawing.

Not seeing a way to attach the drawing, only pictures and vids.

Ok, got it uploaded.......I think. The idea is to be able to edit the "d4" dimensional constraint in the parametrics manager. All of that seems to work great, the work points and work line stretch and move as they're supposed to. And for that matter, the array works fine in that it automatically deletes or adds treads as necessary, but changing the d4 dimconstraint to 5', which has been my go to test height, will make the treads tilt. I've included a set of stairs with the array already there, so if you change "d4" dimconstraint you'll see the treads tilt with my work line. Also there is a set of stairs without the array added yet, and a horizontally constrained source tread. I made a user parameter called "Array" to use on the expression in the arraypath command for the number of array items.

PARA STAIRS-EL.dwg