Plumbing lines wont show up as 3D!!!

Tasha10

I need some help! We just got AutoCAD MEP in my office a couple months ago. We are still trying to figure out how to use it. Our major problem right now is that we cant figure out the plumbing. Some of us can drawing our plumbing lines in 3D, others it wont give us the option to do it. We have tried changing the display configurations. Nothing helps. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

I'm running on 2011, in the "Piping" workspace there is the option to draw "Pipe" as well as the option to draw "Plumbing Lines"

These plumbing lines are the 2D line work representation which are not 3D objects.

The Pipe (what seems to be Aecbpipeadd, never used the command always used the ribbon) command gives you 3D objects.

If you use the "MEP Basic 2-Line" display configuration the difference is very evident.

Ok so it doesnt work as perfect as I thought...I can not connect to any plumbing fixtures while using pipe. Ive tried everything. I feel like this is an user error but I figured I would ask anyways. So how do you get piping to connect to plumbing fixtures? Can you turn a plumbing line into a pipe?

Type MVPARTADD and under the Plumbing catalog is all your fixtures. This is what you'll use for the model, and there are schematic symbolic versions of these cataloged parts when you switch to a Single Line Display.

I've found the fixtures and have already placed them in the drawing. My problem is connecting the pipe to the fixtures. I can connect to the shower but nothing else.

They might be Plumbing connections. This is were the fun begins with AutoCAD MEP. I bet you'll have to build your own fixtures with Piping connections instead unless they have some default cataloged parts.