External References Box

luke137

Hi,

I have been using Autocad 2007 for a few weeks now and yesterday i needed to use an xref so loaded up the external references box to view all available xrefs. Since i did this i cant get rid of the xref box. Its there whenever i load cad up, load a new drawing and when switching clean screen on and off. Ive tried the close button in the top corner but it still returns. Any suggestions on what could be causing this or how to solve it would be much appreciated? Its driving me mad.

Thanks

Welcome to CADTutor!

It sounds like you opened the XREF palette (not sure if that was around in 2007?), and it was added to yoru workspace. Close the palette, and resave your workspace.

Also, be sure that you set your workspace to NOT automatically update, in the workspace settings.

Thanks for you response!

I have just tried this but the box still refuses to leave. Maybe it could be some sort of bug. I'm not sure.

I think as Renderman said it's your Xref Palette. There should be a X at the top to close. And a symbol on the bottom left for Auto-hide. You can also click and drag the bar to Dock it to the left or right. If there is no option for that it probably means all your toolbars are Locked. Right click on an empty part of the tool bar and select Lock Location.

Or post a screen shot and save us guessing further.

Untitled.jpg

Ive attached a screen shot here. These are the options i get when i use the menu button on it. Ive used the cross in the corner and i suppose i could have it in the dock but would prefer not to for more room.

Cheers

Close the palette.

Type workspace.

Type SE, hit enter.

Verify setting is "Do not save changes to workspace".

Hit OK.

Type workspace (again)

type SA.

Select whatever name is current to save over.