Navisworks Options

ksperopoulos

Does anyone know how to access the export options for AutoCad to Navisworks through the NWOPT command? I need to write a lisp to run through a list of commands before I export and one of the functions of my lisp would be toggle the options of what I want to be exported on or off.

Hey mate,

not sure if im missing something... but the NWOPT command does not work in the version of AutoCAD i am running. Is it a genuine autocad command or is it an addon (LISP, 3rd party software, etc).

I have a bit of experience with navisworks (from jetstream to autodesks freedom, simulate and manage) and i always thought the best way to get your files from autocad to navisworks is to simply open the .DWG with navisworks?

What method have you been using?

Cheers

NWOPT is a command in AutoCad when you load the Navisworks .arx file. So it is a plug-in to AutoCad.

We try to export out to a NWD or NWC file to alleviate the need for loading object enablers in Navisworks.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks\2011\nwexport2011\nwexport2011.arx

FYI - I think you have to have Navisworks Manage 2011 to get this .arx file.