Wrong scale on my Xref drawing

mightythor

I make a drawing1 with layers on it and then I made another drawing2. I Xref the drawing 1 as my reference , where I put the column of the building. When I open

drawing 2 referencing drawing 1, my scale is different. my inches scale is

becoming feet when referencing in drawing 2. I put the same LTscale and limits in both drawing, what is wrong ?

Also check -dwgunits as it can also be a culprit to cause this. When you run that command, ensure that the "Scale Objects From Other Drawings Upon Insert?" is set to 'NO'. Also make sure the two drawings are both in the same units (ie: inches in this case). Another thing to double check is when you XREF the drawing in, check the 'Block Units', lower right hand corner of the 'Attach External Reference' dialog box.

OK this is what happen, I used drawing 1 as an xref for drawing 2 because it has my grid and columns for my archtectural drawing.

Drawing 1 has some of my blocks, layers, dimension for the building I am trying to draw.

From my drawing 2 I create a layer call Xref.

From Xref layer, I click the "Block" menu

from the "blocks and references " tab I select "External Reference".

And now the "External Palette" is shown.

I click the "attach drawing " and choose drawing 1 with all the layers in it.

I think this is my mistake ( because I recreate it and the xref blocks is now OK, but I work so many hours on my other drawing and don't want to repeat what I have done).

The mistake is when I click drawing 1 as my attachment, and the display requirement pop up, I choose from this display

in the block unit "feet instead of inches".

So how do I put this reference layer back from feet to inches