change length of layer control dropdown in toolbar

designerstuart

hi all

is it possible to extend the dropdown box so i can view whole layer names?

layer toolbar.jpg

seems unlikely, but you guys know how to do some pretty far out stuff!

thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackBox

• nestly

• designerstuart

• Ollie8974

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Click on the icon on the left that looks looks a stack of papers. That is the Layers Property, you will be able to add layers when that is open.

Layers.jpg

is it possible to extend the dropdown box so i can view whole layer names?

Click on the icon on the left that looks looks a stack of papers. That is the Layers Property, you will be able to add layers when that is open.

Huh!? shocked.gif

I think he want's to open the Layer Property Manager Window.

I think designerstuart wants the Ribbon's Layer drop down menu to be extended in width, so that the entire layer name is visible...

Survey says!?

Survey-Says-from-Family-Feud%5B7%5D.jpg

homegain-survey.gif

When the Layers Property Window is open as in post #3 the columns can be expanded, as in Excel to show the full name.

Click in the header bar between two names, until the courser turns into the icon with two parell lines and arrows pointing to the left and right.

I've seen several other threads about this, and the only solution I've seen is a $30 add-on from Manusoft called QuikPik.

Also, for clarity, I think designerstuart is referring to the layer toolbar dropdown control, not the column width in the Layer Properties Manager.

LayerDropdown.JPG

OK, How did you do it?

Okay, I'm just trying to be funny with all the pictures. :)

Being serious for a moment (because that's about all I can stand), the Layers Ribbon Panel has not been corrected. The picture showing the stretched layer control was modified as an example of what is being requested.

I hope this helps!

We went round and round with this a few years ago,

and the Final Answer is: NO.

The width of that thing is what it is and can not be adjusted.

I dunno... ManuSoft QuikPik seems to have figured how to do it (see feature #14)

Also, if you put the Layers Combo from the Ribbon in the QAT toolbar, it can be as wide as the unused space in the AutoCAD titlebar.

LayerCombo.jpg

I dunno... ManuSoft QuikPik seems to have figured how to do it (see feature #14)

Also, if you put the Layers Combo from the Ribbon in the QAT toolbar, it can be as wide as the unused space in the AutoCAD titlebar.

[ATTACH]29117[/ATTACH]

Confirmed.

great, thanks nestly........

so i have been learning all about QAT, have managed to add some regular commands to it but cannot find it, or a layer combo control like you have, in my CUI. (incidentally cannot work out how to remove items from it no they are added, as simple drag or right-click not working)

any idea why i can use the QAT but not find it in the CUI? your demo is on 2009 too, right? i don't use the ribbon, but it's not shown in your shot either..... dunno!

also DNK you said confirmed - have you actually managed to do this? cos i notice nobody did a screen shot!

thanks chaps. you are awesome.