Making Annotative Text Vertcal?

I been trying to figure out a way to make my Annotative Text to be vertical. I need them for Ductwork plans at work and they seem to be locked on horizontal some how.

ReMark- Yes you are right, I am able to for Roman Font. But my company uses Arial.

SLW- AutoCad MEP

nestly- Vertical as in rotated

Vertical as in rotated

There is a checkbox in the Text Style dialog box right under the Annotative checkbox --> Match text orientation to layout

There is also a property in the Property Palette for annotative objects so you can override the style setting --> Match orientation to layout

Either/both of these will force the text to be remain horizontal relative to the UCS for the viewport/layout regardless of the "rotation" property.

Hey guys I figured it out. Nestly I did try that before, still didnt work. But gave me an idea. I use a non annotative text, made it vertical. Then went to property palette, changed annotative to Yes. The down side is I have to copy to do it over and over. But will save time since I have to use different scaling.

I assumed everyone knew how to create vertical text all the while thinking you wanted stacked text (Vertical in the Text Style box). My bad.

In plain Autocad you just rotate the Text to 90 degrees. It's an option right after you pick the insertion point. Is it not the same in MEP? Then you could select all the text and go to properties and put 90 degrees in the Rotation.

Hey guys I figured it out. Nestly I did try that before, still didnt work. But gave me an idea. I use a non annotative text, made it vertical. Then went to property palette, changed annotative to Yes. The down side is I have to copy to do it over and over. But will save time since I have to use different scaling.

If you're satisfied with that solution, that's OK, but I'd still be interested in taking a look at the drawing (or a sample drawing) to try to figure out what's really going on.