Help with background

Temisan2009

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AM not a beginner in max...and cad.

i modelled this twin duplex in autocad and tryin 2 render it in maxtwin duplex.jpg,thinking i we find my way thru it. as it seems i guess not!!!

my model look as it is floating in the sky .... i applied backgroung image of the sky....

how can i achieve i real background effect to these model???????????.can someone please give me a link to where i can download background images...and find tutorial on exterior rendering using mental ray.

i need a general comment on the rendering...... i dont know what to do next?????? can someone please help me.....

thanks

i need to achieve something like thisokereke2fin.jpg

You said you're not a beginner in Max? :unsure:

You can find some great background images here: http://www.cgtextures.com/

Tutorials for exterior rendering in Mental Ray can be found all over the internet. Just Google it. Also, check the tutorials that ship with Max. Go to the "Help" menu and click "Tutorials".

I typically insert my background images in Photoshop but you can do it in Max if you want.

One way to do it in Max is to create a plane, apply your image to it and then position the plane behind your model.

The other way is to do it as you have, as a Viewport Background.

It just looks like you have the wrong type of image as your background. It's just a photo of clouds. You need something with a horizon. Something like the image below:

Sky.jpg

i need a general comment on the rendering...... i dont know what to do next?????? can someone please help me.....

It looks like you have some issues with the faces of your model. You either have overlapping faces or the faces are not flat or something that is causing that strange shadow effect. You will need to investigate to determine what's causing that.

@cad64 thanks........ am learning 3dmax by myself... do u mind if i send u the max file so that u can look at it....and do some adjustment for me probalby, i could learn from u setting................. pleasessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

i sent u a friend request already............... plesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss do accept.......... wiill work on the background and send it 2 u..................

please be my guide................ my mentor................

@cad64. thanks. what do u think about the light..... why is it not look that real???????????

How are you lighting the scene? Are you using the daylight system? It doesn't look like you are.

I tried to find some good tutorials, but most of them are really bad. Check your Help files and the tutorials in the "Help" menu to find out about the daylight system.

I really need to start writing my own tutorials. :roll:

Anyway, here's one that might be helpful once you get the daylight system set up:

http://bimuzer.com/2010/01/08/3ds-max-2010-viewing-a-background-image-when-using-a-daylight-system-and-a-mental-ray-physical-sky/

do u mind if i send u the max file so that u can look at it....and do some adjustment for me probalby, i could learn from u setting

Yes, I can take a look at it. You should be able to upload the file here in the forum.

What version of Studio Max are you using though? Max is not backwards compatible, so if you're using 2012 I won't be able to open your file because I use 2011. If you're using an older version, I will be able to open your file but I will not be able to send it back to you because you won't be able to open it. We need to both be using the same version.

!@cad64....thank boss...

think u need to have your own site for tutorials and video tutorials.........

will send u the the new file as i work on it..