Having trouble plotting line weight of text

Trovato14

I am using the monochrome plot style and plotting to PDF. My text looks great in the Plot Preview, but once actually hit 'Plot' the line weight of my text and dimensions appears super thick and heavy. They are also assigned to the lightest line weight in the layer property manager. Any suggestions would be so helpful!

Thanks so much.

Check these areas and instructions:

1- Issue LWEIGT command, then check the default lineweight and if necessary decrease its value to lower one.

2- When you are in Plot dialog, enable the Scale lineweights check box in Plot scale region.

Edit: I didn't mention your post correctly, so please do not take attention to my impertient answer.

Edited by Ahankhah

Wow, thanks everyone for your quick replies. I am plotting to PDF. I was indeed using a TFF Font, but tested the ARIAL font provided in the program on the word "ISLAND." I set the default in LWEIGHT to .05mm and also checked box 'scale lineweight' in the plot dialog. Still no change to the font when I plot.

All looks nice and thin in plot preview, but final result is very heavy. :(

What does "Z" mean?

BT-Moffett Kitchen FINAL PLAN.pdf

"Z" refers to elevation. Maybe your text is sitting above the X/Y plane at a height other than "0". It's been known to happen.

I am using the monochrome plot style and plotting to PDF. My text looks great in the Plot Preview, but once actually hit 'Plot' the line weight of my text and dimensions appears super thick and heavy. They are also assigned to the lightest line weight in the layer property manager. Any suggestions would be so helpful!

Thanks so much.

Maybe ur setting in your plotter has mark CHECK the line weight...all u have to do just uncheck the in ur plotter.

Wow, thanks everyone for your quick replies. I am plotting to PDF. I was indeed using a TFF Font, but tested the ARIAL font provided in the program on the word "ISLAND." I set the default in LWEIGHT to .05mm and also checked box 'scale lineweight' in the plot dialog. Still no change to the font when I plot.

All looks nice and thin in plot preview, but final result is very heavy. :(

What does "Z" mean?

AutoCAD ignores lineweight for TTF, you can change lineweights all year long and AutoCAD will still ignore that for True Type Fonts. (See help if you don't believe it.)

Select all text in the drawing, open properties, in the Z elevation swipe over what ever is listed, even if it says zero, and type in 0. See if that helps.

What are you using to plot to PDF? If you are using DWGtoPDF.pc3, maybe you should try CutePDF.

Did you try using a SHX font to see if the problem goes away?