use "delete" button for erasing objects

khoshravan

Before when I selected objects and press "delete" button on the keyboard, it erased those objects.

Now CAD doesn't do that. How can I enable that again?

You must be in Noun/Verb Selection mode.

To enable Noun/Verb Selection follow these steps:

In the command prompt of AutoCAD, issue bold words.

Command: PICKFIRST

Enter new value for PICKFIRST : 1

I've always wondering why its called "noun/verb selection" - its sounds grammtical to me :?

Yes, it is a grammatical statement. I understand it very well because in Persian sentences unlike English, noun is prior to verb. For example equivalent of Rotate that object is: That object rotate (آن جسم را بچرخان). So as you see, in English you speak and write in Verb/Noun method and in Persian it is in Noun/Verb form.

You must be in Noun/Verb Selection mode.

To enable Noun/Verb Selection follow these steps:

In the command prompt of AutoCAD, issue bold words.

Command: PICKFIRST

Enter new value for PICKFIRST : 1

Dear Mehrdad

Thanks. Will this affect all selections like selection for copy, move?

I don't want the latter to be changed. I want only for "delete"

In the past I have done it, so I think there is another command which controls this item.

Pickfirst = 1 will mean that you can select objects before or after you execute a command.

Pickfirst = 0 will mean that you only can select objects after you execute a command.

Pickfirst = 1 will mean that you can select objects before or after you execute a command.

Pickfirst = 0 will mean that you only can select objects after you execute a command.

So 1 has both options of before and after and diereses from "0" options in this sense that the latter only has one slection criteria.

I didn't know this. Very nice point. Thanks a lot.

BTW are there any other commands to be like this one?

Dear Rasoul, as Caroline (Tiger) mentioned, Pickfirst value effects on most commands prompting "Select objects: " or "Select object: ". It means you are not able to change the manner of Erasing (Deleting) objects without affecting on other editing/modifying commands.

Dear Rasoul, as Caroline (Tiger) mentioned, Pickfirst value effects on most commands prompting "Select objects: " or "Select object: ". It means you are not able to change the manner of Erasing (Deleting) objects without affecting on other editing/modifying commands.

But pickfirst=1 allows us to lunch the command before or after selection. In case of my question, with pickfirst=1, I can select the object first and then press "del" button. This will produce the result I am looking for.

Yes, it is a grammatical statement. I understand it very well because in Persian sentences unlike English, noun is prior to verb. For example equivalent of Rotate that object is: That object rotate (آن جسم را بچرخان). So as you see, in English you speak and write in Verb/Noun method and in Persian it is in Noun/Verb form.

This explains it! Thanks Ironman :)