Anybody know of a good block manager

buildman

Just to reinforce what Tannar said, James you are using LT and that means all of the LISP and VBA (not forgetting .NET) cannot be used by you, you need a full version of AutoCAD or learn the somewhat restricted DIESEL language.

We use our own palettes a lot and they are excellent, for our purposes!

I appreciate you pointing out the shortcomings of the LT version of AutoCad, I knew this would be the case going in but being retired I really don't need to spend $4000 bucks for something I don't need, I'll do my little project and pass the program on to one of the kids and let them sort out what they want to do in life, I have a nephew that has expressed his desire to learn AutoCad, that's good.

Again

Thanks

Edited by buildman
spelling

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jack_O'neill

• buildman

• nestly

• BlackBox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I appreciate you pointing out the shortcomings of the LT version of AutoCad, I knew this would be the case going in but being retired I really don't need to spend $4000 bucks for something I don't need, I'll do my little project and pass the program on to one of the kids and let them sort out what they want to do in life, I have a nephew that has expressed his desire to learn AutoCad, that's good.

Again

Thanks

Bricscad is and Autocad clone that does almost everything autocad does and some things it won't, and it's in the $500 range. 3D, vba, lisp, all of that works. If they would put on a big advertising campaign, Autodesk would never sell another copy of LT, or at least not at the price they have now. Bricscad is less than half the price, and twice the capabilities.

Bricscad is and Autocad clone that does almost everything autocad does and some things it won't' date=' and it's in the $500 range. 3D, vba, lisp, all of that works. If they would put on a big advertising campaign, Autodesk would never sell another copy of LT, or at least not at the price they have now. Bricscad is less than half the price, and twice the capabilities.[/quote']

Jack;

I've never heard of Bricscad until this very day, I've heard of several others, TurboCad, DoubleCad, and others that doesn't come to mind at this moment.

I downloaded Bricscad and am taking a look but at the moment I'm going to go ahead and finish this little project of mind, then I'll take a better look. It just seems we're stuck with the big daddy Autocad, bummer, had I know of this one before I could have saved about $700 bucks.

Just keep'em coming Jack.

James

Edited by buildman
spelling

Jack;

I've never heard of Bricscad until this very day, I've heard of several others, TurboCad, DoubleCad, and others that doesn't come to mind at this moment.

I downloaded Bricscad and am taking a look but at the moment I'm going to go ahead and finish this little project of mind, then I'll take a better look. It just seems we're stuck with the big daddy Autocad, bummer, had I know of this one before I could have saved about $700 bucks.

Just keep'em coming Jack.

James

I bought a copy a few months ago for a laptop I carry when I travel. Just to make myself get familiar with it and customized the way I want, I 've done my last 2 jobs in it. It's not that much different from AutoCAD 2007 in capabilities. I do miss the toolpallet function but other than that it works great. I like it well enough for 90% of what I do, that 2010 may be the last Autocad i buy.

--edit-- I forgot to mention it, but you probably saw it when you downloaded it. The trial version doesn't come with vba enabled due to the licensing and royalties they have to pay on it. If you purchase it it will enable.