Block Editor won't open...

DO2908

Hi, I am currently using Autocad 2011 and my block editor suddenly won't open this morning... I have tried the blockeditlock to open it but nothing happens when I change the setting (0 or 1).

Have anyone ever had a problem like this one before? Please help!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DO2908

• SLW210

• DANIEL

• DNK

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum!

Is it possible that you're trying to edit an anonymous block? That's one of the reasons I hates them. Why create something you can't edit?

Ehm... I don't know what an anonymos block is... But my problem concerns any block in any drawing on a specific computer. When I openend the drawing we were working on using another computer I was able to open the block editor. :S

I already tried that... This command works on my device but not on my collegue's.

When I try to enter the block, Autocad tells me "BEDIT" is an unknown command.

You didn't mention you were getting an 'Unknown Command". Try .BEDIT (notice . in front).

Doesn't work either. I was not typing it. When I double click on a block the block editor management should ask me which block I wish to edit and then the editor would open. But when I double click, nothing happens. The unknown command message appears in the command tab.

hhmmmmm, quite a quandry, the only other thing i can think of seeing that you reinstalled to no avale is that there is something wrong with the install disc, you have headache on yor hands.

But that Autocad was running perfectly fine last week... What if something's wrong with the computer? And the same thing began to happen to another collegue's computer. Her block editor has also mysteriously vanished!