ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY

willwould

I am using AutoCAD 2005 and Layout templates provided by my employer. There is an ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY in Layout which should print as the file location of the drawing and it does so on other computers but not the one I am using. On my computer it prints as "R Text (R Text)" inside a rectangle. Can anyone suggest how to tackle this problem?

Install "Express Tools" on your computer, which is needed to create and view "rtext" (remote text) which is used for the datestamp/file location.

Thanks. I passed the above posts on and then there was a change made to the server, I think. In any case yesterday I got an AutoCAD message making some suggestions with regard to the object enabler assistant. In OPTIONS/SYSTEM I enabled "check web for live enablers" but this did not seem to do anything. I tried following some links but still have not found the object enabler assistant.

What is your PROXYSHOW variable set to?

0 = Proxy objects are not displayed

1 = Graphic images are displayed for all proxy objects

2 = Only the bounding box is displayed for all proxy objects

I have found the AutoCAD Object Enabler Assistant web page and am given two main choices.

1. If I don't know the enabler I require I need to choose the program that created the object and the program that I wish to use to open it. I know the later (CAD 2005) but I don't know the former. The choices given are almost all AutoCAD products and when I have chosen what I think might be likely candidates (like an earlier version of AutoCAD) I am told that I don't need an enabler.

2. The second choice is to select the enabler I need by name and I cannot find a suitable choice in the selection offered.

Also, I have OPTION/SYSTEM/Check web for live enablers checked and seem to have PROXYSHOW set correctly.

• 9 years later...