Hatch follows a Line.

CelticMac

I have existing drawings that I copy and manipulate into new ones. I have a drawing of a conveyor line that has some segments "highlighted" with a yellow hatch that appears to follow a single line. The conveyor layout has been changed. So I need to update the drawing for the new layout. I'm wondering how this was drawn. I cannot explode the hatch to copy parts of it. I'm thinking there was probably a simple way to get the hatch to follow the drawn line. Putting boundaries around the drawn line to hatch in would be rather time consuming. Is there a simple function I don't know about?

Maybe this method would work?

Make the line into a polyline, copy it on top of itself, give the original polyline a a global width (the original will be drawn "below" the copy) , and make it yellow

Well I was able to explode the rectangular one and separate the hatching from the boundary. Haven't been able to do that on a couple of the other ones though.

And he did use a SOLID hatch as it is right there in the Hatch command as one of the choices.

Edited by ReMark