This should be fun! (CUI's)

Squirltech

First, I am green when it comes to dealing with CUI files. I know how to customize but I don't know how to export/import CUI files.

Ok, I'm working off of a network license of ACAD 09 with LDD companion. I have a workspace saved with my custom tools and custom PGP file.

Capture.jpg

Here's my issue, (IT says the network is not the problem), I will be in a drawing working away and all of my pull down menus will change. For instance, the MAP pulldown will only display (? Export to Files). I have to do a MENULOAD, unload the current menus and reload the LAND.CUI file. I've tried saving the LAND.CUI file and renaming it to something unique and loading that file but then I lose some of my LDD tools. (the tools become ?).

My question is, how do I prevent this? It's really frustrating "reloading" the LAND.CUI every time I want to insert and image. I've searched the forum but didn't find anything relating to this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Squirl

Squirl - I've been using Land Desktop 2009 for a couple of years without this issue. Now, I don't know exactly how you have your customizations setup, but I'll share what we do here, and you let me know where you need more information:

MAIN (empty)

CUSTOM (mapped to user's personal network space)

AutoTURN (

;;

ENTERPRISE (version specific Acad, Map, LDC, C3D, etc.)

ACAD (version dependent Acad, AcMap, Civil, Land, etc.)

EXPRESS

RASTER DESIGN

;;

Having the CUSTOM CUI(x) mapped to the user's personal network space, allows them to easily manage their customizations between versions, as this is built into our CUI(x) structure for each version we deploy.

Edit: This also makes managing workspaces between versions simple®, as the components are always mapped the same.

All menu files under the ENTERPRISE category are stored on the network, and or locally and set to read-only so that the user cannot accidentally damage anything.

HTH

So what would cause my CUI to "unload" randomly?

Nothing... commands are invoked, not spontaneous.

There must be either some sort of enterprise function(s) running, or a poorly written bit of code that is causing this. Try to see if there's a pattern to it... document (or mentally note) what you were doing immediately before said CUI is unloaded. If this is something you are invoking (albeit by mistake), knowing what you've done is the best place to start.

HTH