Tough Question - Transparent Solid Hatch?

johnshar123xx

Are you suggesting the majority of people only draw in black and thats all they will every use?

like i said, it all depends on the office standard...from my experience working in architectural offices they mostly use black and perhaps two "screen" colours..

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomharrison

• f700es

• hazardman

• GhostRider

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 7 months later...

So there is no way to do this huh? None of these solutions work for me. I have an aerial image and want a transparent solid fill to overlay on the image. Draw order does nothing because the hatch needs to be on top of the image, but must also be visible through it. It would seem to me this should be out of the box. The help file says you can do it on data layers added (I have the map version), but I see nothing regarding hatches.

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same issue and have had no luck in coming up with a solution. Have you figured out anything since your last post?

So there is no way to do this huh? None of these solutions work for me. I have an aerial image and want a transparent solid fill to overlay on the image. Draw order does nothing because the hatch needs to be on top of the image, but must also be visible through it. It would seem to me this should be out of the box. The help file says you can do it on data layers added (I have the map version), but I see nothing regarding hatches.

Well, if you are using Map 3D, then you can do it. Although it still takes a few steps.

1. create your hatch boundary

2. export your hatch boundary as a .shp file

3. bring back in the .shp file. (I drag and drop onto Task Pane)

4. stylize the layer, adjusting transparency.

Hatch_Trans.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

May not be a help but 2011 has a transparency value now as part of properties which does exactly that makes hatch solid etc transparent. Have not used it yet but will give it a try demo looked good not sure about plotted output.

• 1 month later...

I've been doing what Bmapper says, i.e. exporting as SHP file then connecting to that SHP and changing the STYLE to be transparent.

This works great on screen.

But it plots as a solid colour, obscuring all beneath.

So my complex airspace drawings have to be JPGOUT at a low resolution. And will go out for public consumption in due course.

(Map3D 2008 )

What I want to do is to simply place a polygon over a raster map, tell the polygon to be 50% transparent green (say) and that should be that - I don't want to mess about with the internals of AutoCAD, it shouldn't be that hard!

Or am I just being naive?! Don't answer that...

Edited by Tallguy
the number 8 followed by close bracket turned into a sunny smiley, where I actually wanted an 8 and a close bracket!