dimensioning style

Computer Aided Being

I need to create a dimensioning style for an A4 format. So what does this imply?

This is for an exam I have in 2 days, so any help would be much appreciated :D. I have some other questions to but I'll take them one at a time.

That is more dependent on what field of work you are in, what country you are in and what your professor thinks is correct.

I never care too much about the exact numbers and stuff, I make sure you can read the text easily, that's good enough for me.

That said, I am almost positive ReMark will give you a book that details these things for you :thumbsup:

I use a text size of .2in and an arrow size of .18in. I'm not saying that's a standard by any means. If it's legible when you plot the drawing, I would consider that acceptable.

I would have thought that you would be given the dimensions for the dimension style and you would have to create a style using those dimensions. I would get in touch with your tutor or whoever is setting the exam and find out if this is the case. We have standards for the sizes where I work but as has been mentioned by Tiger this can change from company to coompany, country to country, just depends on your field of work.

ok, so first of all my teacher is probably nuts.

Second, I looked from my first year drawing text book, according to the standards there isn't a text height specifically for A4. But there are a series of text heights to choose from 2.5 mm, 3.5mm, 5 mm and so on. These are the upper case text heights. Once you choose a height then there is a correlated lower case height, a distance between letters, a distance between rows , a distance between words and a line thickness.

That being said I can't see how knowing this helps me draw in CAD.

The text size really doesn't change that much between the paper-sizes, readable text is readable text even if its on A4 or an A1. I would perhaps choose one of the smaller text-sizes just because it can take too much space on a smaller paper.

About how this can help you draw in CAD - no it doesn't affect the drawing. But makeing sure that the text is readable is a basic knowledge in creating drawings. And whatever field you're in, it is very likely that you will produce some sort of drawing. And those should be readable by anyone.

To create your own dimension styles is an important thing to know, it means that you don't have to spend hours (trust me on this, the last "final touches" takes literally HOURS if you are sloppy at the start) every time you want to plot a drawing changing the textsizes to fit whatever paper you are plotting it on this time. It means that you choose one dimensionstyle from the start and you can be confident that that will fit in the end.

It's just simple 2D model space. Actually this is the first semester exam. I wasn't able to take the exam so I am taking it now, but I won't get into that.

Ok so there 2 more things I am unclear about:

1. How do you show the box of the text? if this sound's weird, I know, but it is one of the subjects.

2.Draw 7 circles. Change a property for 3 of them. Erase the modified objects without using the mouse for selection. This one I thought I could do with erase+previous but that doesn't work.

The only 'box' I can think of is a box around the dimensions. If this is what you mwean you need to do the follwoing:

Format > Dimension Style > Select the dimension to modify > Click Modify (on the left) > Tolerances > Then change method from None to Basic.

this places a box around all of your dimensions as can be seen in the preview.

The only 'box' I can think of is a box around the dimensions. If this is what you mwean you need to do the follwoing:

Format > Dimension Style > Select the dimension to modify > Click Modify (on the left) > Tolerances > Then change method from None to Basic.

this places a box around all of your dimensions as can be seen in the preview.

This box is supposed to be around any piece of text.

Related to quick select and filter they seem very useful but both require using the mouse. What I need is a written command.