Civil Drafting With autoCAD, help

paisis123

Hello everyone its me paisis asking another question.

In my booklet it asks me to "draw a 144.32' segment in a counter clock wise direction. then it asks to show the delta angle, the length, and the radius of the curve."

how do u draw it with the instructions its giving me? how do you find out the delta angle, the length, and the radius?

this is not the only problem im facing. as there are 2 more instances where it happens.

5905Dd01.pdf

please look at Page 16,17. the problems im having difficult with are 4,5, and 10.

also im still having trouble with interpolation. i called my teacher, and he gave me some pointers but im still slightly confused. i really wish i had a formula to make everything go quickly. do you guys have a solution?

my formula for the first 90 ft contour line was x/50=1.1/4.9 equals 11.22 from the bench mark. i check with the other thread about this and it was right. but i don't remember how to add it, to form the 100' contour.

thanks in advance for your help.

2 projects to go and i graduate!:D

That distance is measured from the benchmark in an easterly direction. It is the location of the beginning of your 90 foot contour not the 100 foot contour.

The calculations you are doing are for the precise placement of points corresponding to a particular contour interval. I believe this drawing uses a 10' contour interval thus you'll have a 90, 100, 110, etc. contour. The points are also placed, if I am not mistaken, along the horizontal and vertical grid lines that you also had to include in the drawing.

Edited by ReMark

K thanks for clearing the interpolation up. but can anyone help with the first part of my problem? i need to draw those line segments with the required information. but i still don't know how.

That section of the instructions have you drawing the cul-de-sac for Ocean Avenue if I'm not mistaken.

Ocean Ave cul-de-sac.jpg

To draw the arc correctly you have to go back and look carefully at steps 1 and 2 on the previous page (15) for further information (hint: radius). Once both curves are constructed you can obtain most of the required information you are being asked to provide via Properties or the List command. You will have to calculate the delta angle from the info given.