3ds max 2012 install - mental ray satelite error 1920

nowikovs12

Hello,

I am trying to install 3ds max 2012 and I am getting this error at the very end of the install, this is related to mental ray satelite - error 1920.service mental ray 3.6 satellite for autodesk 3ds max 9 64bit 64-bit' (mi-raysat_3dsmax9_64) failed to start verify that you have sufficent privilleges to start system services

Has anyone run into this issue, and how can I fix this? I am an administrator for my computer, switched off firewall, antiviruss, tried to change the satelite TCP point from 7516 to 7515, still won't work, hope you can help, thank you

Did you happen to see this at the AutoDesk website? Not 100% sure it is applicable but it is worth the read.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=12567786&linkID=9241177

I also found this (non-AutoDesk) about the 3ds Max error 1920.

http://www.cadlore.com/cadforum/8-other-autodesk-products-/1383-error-1920-while-installing-3ds-max.html

Hello ReMark, thank you for your help, I have manadged to install, I looked in forums, and I had to switch of the User Account Control, once I did that it worked fine, thanks again :)