• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miedy12

• ReMark

• f700es

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hy f7 about the revolve in the center actually i dont understand whats the use of the center. i mean if im going to revolve what should i click the center line?

hey remark im on testing how draw a tire now. at first about rim i just followed some pattern then. in tire i draw in 2d then revolve and then how can make a hole on it? should i press/full?

Make a hole in what? The tire? You don't have to. You could combine the profile of the tire with a portion of the profile for the rim (join them with the Pedit command) then revolve the whole thing.

Simple 3D rim and tire.jpg

A simple rim and tire I did in about 90 seconds. I drew the rim profile then revolved it. I drew the tire profile and revolved it as well. Combined the two together for final product. Got it?

lol remark hat a shame on me perfect wheel yeah can u put some innards on wheel? hey how did u combine them? plss help me. what is the pink line thingy there?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt (since you are a student) and assume you do not have a whole lot of 3D experience. Plus there is one major difference in our rims/tires. I made a very simple example to illustrate a point. You're drawing is more complex. I do notice however that your rim extends past the back of the tire. I don't think that is correct. Your tire treads appear to be quite deep too. Did you know there was a thread about creating tire treads posted here at CADTutor? I came across it this morning. If you really want to jazz up your drawing you should find and read it and try to incorporate the idea/concept in your tire. I think your teacher would be very impressed if you were able to pull it off. You might also want to think about adding in the holes for the mounting lugs to your rim too.

lol remark hat a shame on me perfect wheel yeah can u put some innards on wheel? hey how did u combine them? plss help me. what is the pink line thingy there?

I was merely illustrating a point about creating the rim and tire using a revolved profile. The red "thingy" as you call it was the line that I used to revolve my profiles around using the "Object" option of the command.

I did not combine them in the sense of doing a "union" between the two. All I meant was that I copied the rim and tire to a different location and matched them up. That's all. They are two separate entities.

thanks remark about making a tire yeah my tire is too short can i adjust the width of my tire so that i can extends it at the back of my rim? yeah im student. well i will try to make a simple one i just put the innards and subtract it in this example.

also how did u match the width and length of the tire to match on your wheel?

There are a couple of ways to address the tire width. One would be to remake it from scratch. The other might be to use the Move Faces command on it which, in essence, would stretch the profile. I'm pretty sure you have not used that command. Another option would be to slice the tire in two then add the required "donut" to fill the gap. There is probably at least one more way to do it that I haven't thought of yet.

Let me just say that despite the hard time I have given you I admire that fact that you continue to stick with it. That definitely means something around here.

hey jack thanks but can i ask some question i got some tutorial in rhino3d dont know if acad and rhino have similarities but im confusing about this image im confusing the red line revolving axis with a number 1 and 2 should i draw like that so that my rim will bend upper like that? see the picture

and also in this tutorial can i make something like this in acad?

http://www.toxiclab.org/tutorial.asp?ID=122 TIA

rim_image6.jpg

rim_image9.jpg

hey jack thanks but can i ask some question i got some tutorial in rhino3d dont know if acad and rhino have similarities but im confusing about this image im confusing the red line revolving axis with a number 1 and 2 should i draw like that so that my rim will bend upper like that? see the picture

and also in this tutorial can i make something like this in acad?

http://www.toxiclab.org/tutorial.asp?ID=122 TIA

I don't know anything at all about Rhino, but maybe I can help you visualize how to use the revolve command. Lets start with a simple shape, a common spool for wire or cable or even sewing thread that looks like this:

spool.jpg

Now, in your mind, cut that shape in half, so that you are looking at a section view like this:

spool half.PNG

Then cut it in half again:

spool quarter.PNG

The shape you see above is a closed polyline. I used that so the end result would be a solid. If you revolve individual lines, you'll get surfaces instead of a solid. Use whichever suits your needs.

The red line is where the center of the hole in the middle of the spool is located. Type in revolve, select the polyline, then pick the red line. It will prompt you for an angle. If you want a completely round shape enter 360 and hit enter. You should see a the spool appear. If you can picture the shape of your wheel the same way, you should be able to draw and revolve it's basic shape. You'll then have to remove sections to make the spokes, lug bolt holes, etc and there are many different ways ways to do that. Once you figure out how to make the shape you want, we can work on the spokes.