• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miedy12

• ReMark

• f700es

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my opinion, the center of your rim could be done using a profile and the REVOLVE or SWEEP command. The rim and the center could then be joined using the UNION command. Any holes required for the lugs could be created using cylinders and the SUBTRACT command.

hey remark hmm im going to test a tire tread pattern but i dont know how can i put object or line in the surface of a tire so that i can extrude it

I thought one of the other threads you were told to check out answered the question about cutting a tread in a tire?

Do you have a particular tread design in mind?

f7 thanks can u help me im confusing about jack post what he means cut in half why should i cut in half is that a cross section?

That was just a mental image so you could visualize the shape. Sorry I confused you. Obviously that was the wrong approach so forget about it. That's not going to work for you.

@Remark nope no one didnt answer. yes i have i saw some tutorial but its no acad. he only put a pattern in above the tire surface then he extrude it then array and now i want to test it in autocad. also how can my center wheel blend downward so it became smooth.

@Jack its ok dude

I briefly glanced at the thread and its link re: creating a tire tread pattern and basically saw what you did. I have never done it so I can't tell you how good/bad the results might be. It depends on who you are trying to impress.

I cannot assist you with blending the center of your wheel without having access to the drawing file.

Do you have a tire tread pattern in mind? Yes/No/I haven't thought that far ahead?

I don't have much time but I did manage to throw this together. The procedure relies on creating a profile, extruding it down into the tire, then using the Array command. I worked with a quadrant. I then used the Subtract command to achieve the results you see here. There are probably better ways to do it but I don't have the time to pursue them at the moment. I'll leave that task to one of the smarter forum members then we'll both learn something new.

Tire tread example.jpg