Zoom XP settings

barry2104

I find it annoying that after I ZOOM > 40XP (to get me a 1:25 scale viewport), I often have to pan the modelspace within the VP to nicely fit the viewport extents. Problem is, because the scale/zoom goes to 6 decimal places, after panning (with the middle mouse button) I let go of the middle mouse button/scroll wheel, but often then that slight nudge of the scroll wheel changes the zoom from exactly 40XP (1:25) to like 39.999996XP.

I know that this 0.000004 zoom differential is not visibly noticeable, but I just prefer seeing the 1:25 locked in rather than the 39.999996

I'd rather not change the sensitivity of my mouse settings because I'm used to it and obviously use it in many other programs etc

The ideal solution I see is somehow changing the viewport zoom scale to round to say 1 or 2 decimal places rather than to 6. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Use PROPETIES to bring up the properties pane. Select the border of your viewport and adjust the custom scale for the viewport in there (or there is probably even a preset drop down option for 1:25 I would think), then lock the viewport.

thanks Dink, but my problem is when i pan the viewport a little bit when the VP is unlocked (to fit it to the space extents nicely), it slightly changes the zoom factor. I wanted to know whether i can reduce the sensitivity (i.e. the decimal places) of the zoom for any/all viewports