Standard text heights for different paper space scales

Okay, I'm new to drawing and I need help getting my text/dimensions to be legible on an 11x17 sheet. I had no problems when my company used Arch D (24x36) but in an effort to "going green" we converted to the B size paper (11x17). Has anyone found a useful chart for plotting in different scales. Maybe a standard size chart. I usually print in 3/8", 1/2", 6", and full size paper space viewports. Please save me from having to invent some type of microscope for paper! :geek:

What is the question, exactly? Are you familiar with annotative text? Allegedly it allows you to specify one size for text and then resizes itself in any viewport. Practically nobody uses it, but it may help in your situation.

Since you are cutting your plot size in half (approximately) then it stands to reason you will need to double the height of your text, at least as a trial. Maybe you will only need to go 1.5, a little trial and error will be in order. So in your 1/2"=1'-0" viewport the text may have been set to 2.4, now you may have to set it to 4.8 so the text will still plot .1 on the paper. Of course if you are still using 36x24 and reducing the scale won't be accurate any longer. You weren't clear if the title block was 11x17 now or remained 24x36.

For instance: initallyi would plot text/dims at 1/8" using 24x36 page setup. Now we have switched our setup to 11x17 and I still want text/dims to plot at 1/8" regardless of what scale viewport I am using.