how to make multiple object into one?

miedy12

I thought several forum members were helping you with this in another thread or am I mistaken?

I'm pretty sure there have been at least one or two past threads that dealt with the creation of a 3D rim/wheel posted here at CADTutor. Did you try a search of the site?

Those "guys" that are helping you are very good at what they do, very knowledgeable in the workings of AutoCAD, so I'm a bit puzzled why you would be having any trouble following what they are saying.

What problems are you having? Please be as specific as possible.

How far have you progressed with your drawing? Please post either an image (jpg) or a copy of the actual drawing (dwg) file.

I have not checked for YouTube videos about drawing a rim so I can't tell you if any exist or not. For the moment I'll take your word on it.

man ill try many different method ill make rim first then innards and also

m following this for several hours hoping to catch what he did but in the last part of making a tire i cant figure out the shell command.

Does creating a rim will do in multiple parts? like wheels, innards, tire?

We are not getting off to a good start here when you do not answer my questions.

I have never created a car rim so I cannot answer you question we 100% certainty. That said, with my limited knowledge, it is my opinion a rim could be made using a profile that is either revolved around a fixed point or swept along a circle path. Have you ever used either one of these methods while creating other objects in your class? Yes/No/I don't remember?

Post a drawing of what you have done so far. Include in your post any specific questions you have regarding the drawing.

OK. I see you are pursuing this in another thread so it appears I've been wasting my time here. Thanks.

Edited by ReMark
Digusted!

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...