AutoCAD Drawing Area - what color do you use?

CADTutor

What color is your AutoCAD drawing area?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. What color is your AutoCAD drawing area?

• Black (the original)
    • White (a common choice)
    • Cream (the default up to 2010)
    • Dark Blue-Grey (the current default)
    • Any other color... (tell us which color you use)

It's good to hear I'm not alone!

I use black MS and black PS, 100% crosshair, and 90% Aliases. The new auto lookup of the aliases is a great addition. It seems like over the years many new CAD monkeys are using the menus and ribbons for everything. To each their own but no one can figure out why I am so fast. 1 command=1 button.

I do feel as though Autodesk is working very hard to Push users to the ribbon format so I may be in trouble in a few years. :D

• 1 month later...

I use color 250 in both model and layout, as it seems to be easier on my eyes (fewer headaches). Black just makes the colors too harsh for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've played around with the background until I got to RGB 104, 112, 120 - a gray that is not too light, not too dark.

Contrast has been my problem...cyan, yellow, and even magenta and green are too bright against a black background and I cannot see them effectively against a white.

I just started to use 167 for the background. looks like the original blueprint with white crosshairs. And of course white in paper space

Hey, I like that!!! Reminds me of running blueprints off when I was in high school 28 yrs ago!!

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer black backgrounds for Spaces & BEdit. Cursor 100% for quickly assessing alignment (but I don't rely on it). Still, I'm open to changing if I find ideas here or elsewhere that appeal. Some sound intriguing. Red for BG does not appeal at all.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, =)

As many others Black model and Black Paper, and just a bit of grey in previews. 251 for Block editor. White hurts too much when I change from one view to another.

Model background - 71,77,82 (dark gray)

Crosshairs - magenta

Cursorsize - 2 (certain defined commands toggle it automatically to 100 and back again to 2.)

Layout background - 236,236,233 (off white, hints of light green)

Crosshairs - blue

I am using the Display Plot Styles in the pagesetup and the shades of gray show up pretty well with out the display being too bright for the eyes.