Feet Plus Inch Calculator

Wonder-Man

Hi All

I'm look for a macro or lips to create Feet-Inch calculator (specially adding feet-inch to feet-inch and other math operations). working in architectural design requires in many occasions adding and subtraction feet-inch calculations

Thanks

Use the distof function to convert everything to decimal, perform the arithmetic, then use the rtos function to convert back to feet/inches.

Quick example:

(defun c:add ( / _getnumber tot num )

(defun _getnumber ( msg / str num )
       (while (not (or (eq "" (setq str (getstring t msg))) (setq num (distof str))))
           (princ "\nPlease enter a number.")
       )
       num
   )

(if (setq tot (_getnumber "\nSpecify Amount: "))
       (while (setq num (_getnumber "\nSpecify Amount to Add <Exit>: "))
           (princ (strcat "Total: " (rtos (setq tot (+ num tot)))))
       )
   )
   (princ)
)

Enter QC in the command line to open the "Quick Calculator"

Make sure that your units are set in your drawing accordingly...

The trick for using fractional inches that I have found is to use the minus sign as a spacer between the whole inch and the fractional inch:

2 1/2" = 2-1/2"

Others have had success using a regular space, but I find using the minus sign works...

QuickCalculator.jpg

Perhaps you can write a lisp routine and share it with us. That would be very nice of you.

I wish I can, I would not ask for it in the first place,

Any How thanks for the reply

Wonder-Man

oK alanjt, let me explain exactly what I wish to find... you know some time you find a lips routine comes with a dcl file and can be a regular calculator, now instead a regular calc I like to find a calculator that do the addition and the subtraction of the feet and the inches it is similar to what post #2 shown.

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the link, Wonder-Man, I'll check it out.

I recommend the hand held Jobber 6. I still use a Jobber 5 that I bought many years ago. My first was a Jobber II.

For $70, unless you go together with some co-workers to get the $55 price, gets you an instrument you can use anywhere, anytime.

digger