Block attributes

CHESTER007

My company has over 5,000 blocks ( parts ) each with an attribute added to them. In this case the PRICE. When we have a price change, we need to open all files / parts affected and change the attribute. is there an easier / better method of doing this ? Its very time consuming and simply isn't working as the prices are fluctuating too much due to supplier changes.

Any ideas most welcome.

Do you need to show the parts prices in your drawings or you simply need to show it in data extraction table?

If you only need it on data extraction table, you can create an external excel file then link it to your data extraction. You can match the part number in your extraction data and excel file.

You only need to change parts' prices in excel file, and all data in your drawings will be updated.

Thanks for the reply Edwin,

I donot need to show prices in the drawing, only in an extracted file. Sounds like you know exactly what i need...PERFECT ! so.....next step how on earth do i do it ? Can you point me in the right direction ? website ? tutorial ?

Thanks again