Creating a threaded rod and nut in 3D

SuperCAD

I embedded the video in the post. Shows up on my end.

Here's a direct link to it though:

Edited by SuperCAD

SuperCAD

I enjoyed watching it. Nice touch to draw dimensions and use the dimensionlines as snap points when moving objects. I use to use point filters.

I would have a question: You moved the threaded rod in the center of the nut. But how can you be sure that the threads will match? The image is not clear enough and I can not read in the command line the commands you used. Also the icons are unknown for me -I use only AutoCAD 2006

Some of the icons I have on my screen are custom for non-standard commands. Also, most of the buttons I use are arranged on a custom toolbar. I will post an updated video with either me speaking as I go, or I will add captions to explain what I am doing. I'm thinking the voice recording will be the way to go.

As far as the threads matching, I used a 3/4-10 thread, so my thread pitch is exactly 0.10". The threaded part that I used to subtract from the nut was exactly 1" long, and the threaded rod was 2" long. I moved the threaded rod down 0.50", or 5 threads, to align both of them at their center points and made sure that the starting points of the helix were facing the same direction. When I cut the section through, it comes out dead on.

I'm also going to see if I can increase the clarity of the video. A lot of the details will become more visible then.

• 4 months later...

sir kindly show the instructraction,,,step by step,,,so that i can easily understand,,thanks,,,.

PM me,,for the intructions..

• 9 months later...

meet: I had no trouble seeing the video in post #1. What browser are you using and is it up-to-date?

Did you notice that there is a direct link to the video in post #3? Did you try it?