Blocks Not Showing in Sections or Elevations

one25IT

I am facing the following problem:

I’ve got a 3D model with some blocks inserted. These blocks won’t show up in 2D or 3D sections or elevations.

When I leave only the blocks on and freeze the rest of the drawing, no section is created at all (“There are no solids or surfaces that can be projected”).

None of the geometry is on the Defpoint layer. The objects are printed and DO show up in the live section preview.

I am newbie to Autocad, so please, anybody who could help me out here?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, they are 3D too. It’s a fireplace in a building.

I tried exploding to see if that changes anything. When creating them I actually permitted exploding, but when doing so in the destination file, they disappear totally from the drawing.

Can you post a sample drawing file with one of these mystery blocks in it? We don't need the entire file just something we can experiment with.

You are plotting from a paper space layout right?

I just resolved it by copy-pasting the whole drawing into a new file. There it worked perfectly. Something must have been corrupted in the original file.

I still can post the original file if you are interested in investigating it. It would be interesting to know. How can I share a cad file, the same button as image? Best regards!

I created them using the section plane command, with dialog box afterwards, exporting them to a new file.

Thank you very much for your help!

I just wanted to let you know, that I found my mistake: Layer 0 was frozen and that caused blocks to be omitted from sections albeit they sat on a different layer.

To you it might seem obvious that layer 0 almost must be switched on, but I am new to this!

This is commonly referred to as an OIE (Operator Induced Error)!:lol:

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Bet you won't be forgetting to check for frozen layers in the future.;)