Creating a drawing border template

stainless

Want to create a drawing border, a box on the right hand side containing all the information about the drawing. I want this to be a template so each drawing I create will have the drawing border on the right. Can anyone help please???

You can start with one of the default AutoCAD templates (DWT) and after making any necessary additions (layers, dimension styles, text styles, etc.) you can save it under a new name. Set QNEW to bring up this template file whenever you start a new drawing.

it sounds like you are trying to edit a block? if so, use BEDIT to open block editor

otherwise autocad template files are just .dwg files saved as .dwt instead - you can select, open and save to these files just as dwg files.

Post an example please.

Maybe you have a block inserted as a block? Try opening in the block editor and see what you have.

I have combined your 2 threads.

Please only post the same question once.