DCL in VLIDE: formatting error

JackStone

I have started to attempt to learn DCL and am currently using VLIDE as code editor. But when I write a DCL code and click "Format edit window" it returns an error:

Error ocurred

Not supported special symbol

If I execute the code it runs just fine ("Preview DCL in editor" works, too), but I can't get it to organize my text. Doesn't it work at all or am I the only one having difficulties?

I have been searching this since yesterday and have found not a single person mentioning it, which means either one of two things: no one has ever had this problem before or it is so simple to solve that no one ever needed to ask in internet forums. Hope I'm not asking a stupid question here :D

This is an example of code I am trying to format (copied from a DCL tutorial by Jeff Sanders):

EXAMPLE : dialog {
 label = "EXAMPLE.lsp";
: column {
   : boxed_column {  
     label = "column 1";  
       label = "column2";
     }
       label = "column 3";
     }
   }
   ok_cancel;
 }
}

Thank you all in advance!

Felipe

From the help:

If you select text to be formatted, the selection must contain valid AutoLISP expressions or the formatter will issue an error message.

So, that error message is normal; the features work only with AutoLISP code.

Will see that, after a while you will develop your own code formatting style and will not rely to the automated one anymore - me, for example, have never used it.

Regards,

Mircea