Exploding MagiCad MAGIDIMLINE

fisad

We have aAutoCad file with MagiCad object inside, we need modify some text from manyMAGIDIMLINE, for that we use MagiCad Object Enabler and explode it.

But theresulting block contains different information from the original. For example,we have a MAGIDIMLINE with “VG + 16.32” or “VG + 16.30” ,text inside, and whenwe explode it, the resulting blocks have “VG +-0.18” and “VG +-0.20”, we don’tknow what happen!.

We haveaccess to the original projects, but only need to modify one file for survey.

Any Idea???

Thanks!!!

First of all, I don't know what Magicad is, but I have a of possibility for you. Is the Magicad object in paper space and the thing you want to dimension in model space? If so, it's probably becoming disassociated when you explode it and reflecting the actual distance in paperspace that the dimension covers instead of the object it should be measuring. I say that because the resulting blocks have much smaller values than the original.

Since I don't know anything about Magicad, I don't know if you can re-associate the dimensions but you can probably consult the magicad help files to find out.

First, MagiCad is a complement for AutoCad for make Ventilation, Pipes, Electric design, so...

Yes, it´s becoming disassociated when is exploded.

The Magicad manual has nothing about it, is no a direct problem from exploding magicad object; for a correct value we need use the original project file, but that is not the case now, we need make a small change to the object text.

The dimension is associated whit a space in the construction.

I'm trying to figure out is what could be the formula for the change.

Each value is constantly changing, ie 16.30 to -0.20, 16.31 to -0.19, 16.43 to -0.20 and so on.

Thanks for your time.

If the dimensions are associative and are in paper space, and you disassociate them by whatever means, the dimension no longer knows what it is supposed to show and will display erroneous information.

Good luck with finding a solution.

• 2 years later...