Stuck between 2008 and 2010

Learning

Hello all, i am taking a class in AutoDesk Revit 2010. The problem is that the instructor has thrown us into the program with 2008 text books. I am seeking the "Show Mass tool" from 2008 in the 2010 version. The aasignment is to use the "Dynamic View tool" to ceate a Southwest Isometric Sun Study. I have as yet been unable to locate ether the, "Dynamic View tool" or the "Show Mass tool." Your help will be greatly appreciated.

I agree with you, however that is not an option. The class ends soon and I am not able to afford a new book at this time. I made a similar statement about the book when the class started.

I'd really hold the instructor accountable if I were you.

Did you pay for the class? What product of Revit are you using (Arch/MEP/Struct/Civil)?

If you're paying for the class in any way, shape or form, hold the instructor accountable for the correct literature.

Really, trying to learn 2010 with a 2008 book is like trying to fly a twin-turbine jet with a single-engine license.

As low as $12 at: (My choice)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/revit-2010?keyword=revit+2010&store=allproducts

Or a PDF at Wiki:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Tutorials/Getting_Started_Guide_for_Revit_Architecture_2010

Speaking of which, I need to update my library with 2012 books...

Speaking of which, I need to update my library with 2012 books...

Ha, me too. Especially since I'm full blast on a new Revit MEP project come Dec 5th. *sigh*.... the life of a Revit user.

Now wait a minute...you are taking a 2010 course that you paid for...and they provided a 2008 book? I'd make them give me my money back or have them explain to a small claims judge why that was appropriate. Does this school offer any medical courses? Do they teach nursing with a first aid pamphlet from the Red Cross? That's absurd.

Ha, me too. Especially since I'm full blast on a new Revit MEP project come Dec 5th. *sigh*.... the life of a Revit user.

I've been full-blast on my current project for a little while. They want a full 3D coordinated model to show off so I've been working in 2012 Architectural, MEP and Structural.

Bleh........It's hell.

Edited by Lee Roy

After reading your Gutters thread, I see that you ARE paying a community college for this course.

Demand your money back.

Seriously, do it.

You'd have a better grasp of the program by downloading and following online tutorials, than trying to learn from someone who can't tell the difference between two VASTLY different versions of the program.