Tiff doesent appear on plotted pdf

Henrikersna

I am trying to use large tiff file (ca 1,5 gb) for background for vectors and plot it to pdf, it is shown in plot preview but when i try to plot it, it doesent appear. The layer, that tiff is on, is shown and can be shut on/off easily, but basically it only plots the outer line of the tiff itself. As much as I have googled, I don’t seem to be the only one with this problem. As much as i know, the reason it doesent plot is the size of the tiff, altough it doesent make much sence because it does plot/show it in preview. So far i have been playing around with commands such as “plottransparencyoverride” (set it to 2 and 0), “rasterpercent” (set it to 100) and “rasterthreshold” (set it to 2000). So far no good. I know this has been issue for quite some time now, but i was wondering, that maybe by 2011 they have found the solution for it or maybe there is some good way to make it work. Creating/compressing tiff to smaller extension, such as jpg, is not an option. I should also mention, that i use maximum quality in plotting settings and i have set vector and raster resolution to 4800 dpi. In order to get the correct vector resolution i need to have a paper size roughly 3000 x 2500 mm. It does plot the tiff , if the paper size is around ca 600x500 mm, but from there on, if you increase the paper size, it doesent plot anymore. The reason I cant just solve the problem by printing on smaller paper size is the fact, that as the area is quite large, the vectors (global width is set to 0) on the pdf appear blobby and I cant seem to find a solution to change this. Can anyone shed any light on this or maybe give some solution/advice?

Thanks in advance,

Henri

You will need to turn down the resolution until it plots on the size paper you want. Been a problem for a while. Luckily I mostly plot to ARCH D (24" x 36") so not such a hassle.

Not sure why, but the TIFF issue sorted itself out. I used different pdf, it did plot. Later on just out of curiousity i tried old pdf creator also, and it plotted also without any problems. I didnt change any settings besides switching between pdf creators. Another CAD my(i)s(t)ery.