Unhide All not Working! Help!

Rewind23

Hi im currently having some problem with my 3d car model. Unhide All is not working. After hiding the rest of the 3d model and leave only the hood of the car when i unhide all its not working anymore. Ive been trying to figure out but i cant find the way.Also i tried unhide all thru sub-objects but still failed. But when i render it shows the rest of the model..See photo below..Thanks in Advance! regards..

unhide all not working.jpg

Hi im currently having some problem with my 3d car model. Unhide All is not working. After hiding the rest of the 3d model and leave only the hood of the car when i unhide all its not working anymore. Ive been trying to figure out but i cant find the way.Also i tried unhide all thru sub-objects but still failed. But when i render it shows the rest of the model..See photo below..Thanks in Advance! regards..

I've heard there may be problem with "unhide" function if amount of hidden objects is too heavy.

Or try using Wireframe mode to unhide your objects, it may reduce loading quite a lot.

When you want to focus on some object, use "Isolated Selection" if possible,instead of using hidding function.

What version of Max are you running? Can you upload your file here? If you're using 2011 or earlier I can take a look at it here at home, but if you're using 2012 I won't be able to look at it until Monday.

Well, I'm not sure what's happened, but it looks like your geometry is gone. If you hit the 'H' key on your keyboard you will get a list of all the objects in your scene. Click the 'backwheel' object to select it and then click OK. Now go to the objects MeshSmooth modifier and select Edge or Vertex. You will see that the edges and vertices still show up, which accounts for the fact that you can still see the whole model when rendered, but as soon as you click on anything else, other than Vertex or Edge under MeshSmooth, there is nothing there.

I never work in Editable Mesh mode, so I really don't know what to tell you. I don't know if there is any way to get back what is missing. My best advice would be to start over, and this time, work in Editable Poly mode, not Editable Mesh.

Untitled-1.jpg

Ok, I just found something that works, sort of. With the 'backwheel' object selected, right click and select "Convert to" and then select "Editable Patch". This will get your geometry back. Now right click again, "Convert to", "Editable Mesh". Now you just need to go through and clean up the model and get rid of all the triangles.

I still recommend working in Editable Poly mode though.

Ok, I just found something that works, sort of. With the 'backwheel' object selected, right click and select "Convert to" and then select "Editable Patch". This will get your geometry back. Now right click again, "Convert to", "Editable Mesh". Now you just need to go through and clean up the model and get rid of all the triangles.

I still recommend working in Editable Poly mode though.

hey cad64 now i understand... ok i will try that solution..and probably will try to start a new fresh modelling using editable poly.hope i can finish this 3d car soon..thanks for dropping by! 8)