I just want to make a hole smaller (or larger)

dascott

Hello all,

Long time viewer, first time poster......

I have a 1" thick solid with some holes in it. I just want to modify the holes from 3" diameter to 2.75" (or 3.25"). As i have thought many times, (and it's nice to know so many others do too) 'There has GOT to be an easier way'

Also, i had another project (and i'm sure i'll have more) where i wanted to move a hole around in the XY plane of the solid. I succeeded by accident once, and havent been able to do it again.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

Long time viewer, first time poster!

I have a 1" thick solid with some holes in it. I simply want to modify the diameter of some of them. As i have thought so many times before: 'There has GOT to be a better way!'

Also, i had recently had a project (and i'm sure i'll have more) where i just wanted to move a hole around in the XY plane of a solid. I succeeded in doing it accidentally once, but i wasnt able to do it again on purpose.

Thanks in advance!

In AutoCAD 2006 I used to use the Solidedit command.

To change the diameter: Solidedit > Face > Offset (offsetting with a negative number will increase the diameter).

To just move around a hole: the Solidedit > Face > Move

Possible (read: probable) these days AutoCAD users don't use that ancient command any more, so wait for some more answers to your question.

offsetting faces looks to be exactly what i was looking for, and so far works beautifully, thank you!

'sleeving it' would be the long way i was trying to get way from.

fuccaro- which is the 'ancient command' users don't use any more, 'moving' or 'offsetting'?

i am eager to see more answers.

yes, and it worked nicely as well. i think my problem before had to do with UCSs, and i have since learned a very little bit more about them.

thank you all for the help- i recieved an email notification earlier this morning saying that JDMather had responded here as well, but i dont see it.

i've got a more advanced challenge if you all want to take a stab at it, it might call for a new thread tho- i tried posting it before, but never got any real responses. what should i do?

Where did you post it? Can you find it?

Did JDM send you a private message? Did you check at the top of the screen where it says "Notifications"?

• 2 weeks later...

JD Mather decided to remove his own post from the public area. I think you should ask *him* if you wish to see the message. Would it be ethical from others to re post his message against his wish, without his permission?