Gizmo and shortcut key..

petryad

Hi everyone,

i'm in the middle of my practice when this issues happen

1. my gizmo is no longer stick along everytime i move any faces using vertex or other level selection in editable poly. How can i get it back?

2. shortcut keys 6 to object level of editable poly isn't working. How can i fix it?

3. is it highpoly modeling means it doesn't matter how much polys we made as long as it gives perfect result as it references?

4. what is the difference between chamfering and extra edges actually? i only know extra edges gives more sharp edges. but which one is better to use?

Any input will be very appreciated. Big thanks guys:D

I'm not sure what the problem is, with questions 1 and 2, so here's my best guess.

1. Hit the 'X' key on your keyboard. The 'X' key toggles gizmo display on and off

2. The shortcut keys go 1 through 5 for selection. Not 6.

1 = Vertex

2 = Edge

3 = Border

4 = Polygon

5 = Element

3. Yes, high poly modeling means you build your model without regard for poly count.

4. I prefer extra edges, but that does increase the poly count. If you need to keep the poly count low, chamfers would be a better choice, but if poly count doesn't matter, extra edges is a better choice in my opinion. And if you're planning on taking your model into a sculpting program, like ZBrush or Mudbox, stay away from chamfers. Use extra edges instead.