Enlarged blocks in viewport

Jab45

Okay so I am working in paperspace with a viewport and when I created it I noticed what apeared to be a very large yellow hatch. When I selected the yellow object it turned out to be a Block created to display gas wells on my map. I then went to model space to investigate only to find that the blocks are all to the appropriate size. I checked to see if there was an annotative scale associated with the blocks and there is not. Also the scale set to the blocks are 100 in model space but for some reason in paper space, they are set to 1.00. If i try to change this scale to 100 it automaticaly corrects it to .004. What could possibly be causing this? (for whom it may concern the gas well blocks look like a circle with lines portruding from it like an abstract sun with an id number below them)

Blocks can be annotative. Do you know what scales have been assigned to the block?

What scale did you assign to your viewport?

Will you be using more than one viewport? If so, what scales do you anticipate using?

the scale set to the viewport at hand it 1"=70' and i will create another viewport with cross sections of a stream near by most likely set at 1"=40' scale. the block is set at 100.0 scale i believe.

1"=70' seems rather unusual for a site plan.

Can you post the drawing so we can take a look at it. JPGs or PNGs aren't going to cut it. We need a DWG file.

I'm sorry but I cannot post a file due to confidentiality issues. yes 1=70 is an odd scale but its what fits nicely. I think I might be on to something with the problem. I will post my progress once I figure some thing out

Nobody here is going to steal your drawing. We're here to assist you with your problem. If I really wanted to steal your company's drawings I'd hack into their server which is easily enough done.

Post a partial drawing with the offending object and a couple of other relevant pieces of geometry along with your viewport(s). That means to also strip out company and client info. That is not important as far as we're concerned.

I apologize for abandoning this thread. I never found the cause of the problem but the solution was to just delete the viewport and draw a new one. It fixed the problem but I couldn't tell you why it worked.

I apologize for abandoning this thread. I never found the cause of the problem but the solution was to just delete the viewport and draw a new one. It fixed the problem but I couldn't tell you why it worked.

This is the very strange and odd reply I have read.:x

You are here to solve your problem and learn something, but don't want to share your findings and still expect help from others.

khoshravan: Jab45 means he has no explanation for why deleting the viewport and drawing a new one worked. It's not that he doesn't want to share the information.

Ha sorry for the missunderstanding...ReMark is right, I "couldn't tell you why it worked" because I don't know why. Sorry for accidentaly upsetting you khoshravan.

khoshravan: Jab45 means he has no explanation for why deleting the viewport and drawing a new one worked. It's not that he doesn't want to share the information.

OK. Then it is a misunderstanding from my side. Another language problem. I apologize from Jab45

Ha sorry for the missunderstanding...ReMark is right, I "couldn't tell you why it worked" because I don't know why. Sorry for accidentaly upsetting you khoshravan.

Jab45. Sorry for misunderstanding. I read this thread after I read ReMark's one.

That was a decent solution to delete and start from the beginning. It is acceptable as far as it finishes in short time. It will be a big hassle if it takes time.

Yea. Good thing this was only one viewport. I noticed that this happens if I were to copy a layout from the same drawing. Like say you had layout 1 that mapped a specific area of land, and your next layout was set up the same way just showing a different location. If i copy everything in layout 1 and paste to layout 2 it makes my gas well blocks huge (they are not annotative by the way) Not sure how to explain this phenomenon but the simple solution is to just make a new viewport for layout 2. If this happens to anyone else, I would like to find out the cause even though I have found a sufficient solution.