Default Pipe Fitting Family Template (RFT File)

tzframpton

I have a mess of a CAD file I aquired years ago that has quite a few of the more common fittings used in piping if your interested. there all 2d and all in one dwg as well, which sucks but I don't do a lot of piping so I've never bothered to parce things out properly. Let me know if your interested and I'll post it here for you.

I've looked with no success. Sorry bro.
Yeah I know that I am hopeful in my wishing but I know better. I'm just going to build them from scratch from the Generic RFT file. I might need some serious assistance with some of the math with setting some of the Parameters though. I definitely think it's doable for the normal stuff that I need, plus there are generic fittings that I can start with already, just editing the Lookup Table.

Carbon Steel SCH-40/80, plus some accurate copper fittings and socket weld to name a few. The one thing I'll give to AutoCAD MEP is that they have all of this stuff that comes right out of the box in a very comprehensive fitting catalog, all ANSI standard stuff and you can still build off of it. Revit MEP comes with practically nothing, which is fine since I think it's due to the engineering use of the program, but I miss the robust catalog of standard fittings.

Yeah, I can understand that.

Think of it this way, once you get everything made that you need, it will convert up to the newer versions just fine and you can probably market it to others.

Do it on your own time even, and your company can't claim it as theirs should you ever leave (by choice or force). ;)

I've already successfully made a good set of threaded fittings with couplings. Got to work through the bend as I don't think my Radius Parameter is right, but building a catalog myself ensures me one thing - I know it'll be right. :)

Have you come across any Victaulic-type fittings, or am I going to have to custom make me some?

I do have a small set I believe. Want me to send over to you? PM me your email. Plus, I think Vic has some Revit fittings on their website if I remember correctly.