Inserting a block into a line.

cjenner0

Im having some troubles inserting a block into a line. See image. The block on the left inserts into the line and has attachment points (AutoCAD P&ID Provided) the block on the right i created. Im unable to get it to insert within the line without manually breaking the line after insertion, the result being the line through my block.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/79756741.png/

Did the supplied block actually break the line?

It might have had a wipe-out as background to conceal the original line.

Try and make your block with a wipe-out, and you won't have to break the line.

When the line is selected the block for a flexible hose is also selected, however my block is not (right). Tried white out it didnt make the block part of the line. Do you know how to make attachment points? Or maybe another way of getting the block in the line, i cant seem to get the block to act as part of the line. See image of line selected.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/selectedo.png/

Thanks.

You should post your images directly to CADTutor (select "Go Advanced" at bottom right of Reply Box) or even post a copy of the file.

Many work computers have Image sites blocked.

Let me rephrase the question. Is there a symbol creator in P&ID like there is in AutoCAD Electrical?

In ACADE a block that is made using the symbol creator will act like one of the native blocks that came with the program and automatically break the line it is inserted in. A block created in normal AutoCAD-like fashion will not have that feature. That is why I asked.

Correction...Symbol Builder.

Can be found on the Schematic tab > Other Tools panel or on the Panel tab > Other Tools panel. The command prompt is: aesymbuilder.

• 7 months later...