How do you attach deform path object

Alanzo

Hey guys

I’m trying to attach my deform text to my gear and make it permanent. what I was trying to do was get the text to curve and the only option I see that makes it curve the way I want it look is deform path is there another I can it I will post picture what I’m trying do and did see any video YouTube how to curve text

So what exactly is the problem? :unsure:

It looks like the Path Deform is working just fine.

If you want to attach the text to the gear, just select the gear, click the "Attach" button and then click the text.

Thanks Cad64 for responding back

Every time i go to attach it put it back to a horizontal text and it does not stay in path deform wsm from. What i have been reading path deform is the way you curve the text.I got it to look like the way i want it to look maybe im doing so thing wrong im newbie to this 3ds max i have been using this for only 3 weeks and everything i learn is from the internet and youtube video so thanks for thanking the time to help me

I don't know why the text is changing back to horizontal when you try to Attach it. :?

One thing you can do is select your path deformed text, right click, select "Convert To" and then select "Convert to Editable Spline".

After the text is converted to an Editable Spline you should be able to Attach it to your gear.

If that doesn't work, attach your file here so I can take a look at it.

Hey Cad64

I try to convert it to editable spline like you said but it did the same thing. I attch the file for you and if you can figure please let me know you did it .I had started one that had created outline in illustrator but it didnt look right

BOTOS GEAR 2.max

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

It worked for me.

Try this:

1. Select the gear

2. Go to the modifier list, select the XForm modifier, right click and choose "Collapse To"

3. Click "Yes" in the Warning pop up

4. Select the Path Deformed text

5. Go to the modifier list, select the Path Deform modifier, right click and choose "Collapse To"

6. Click "Yes" in the Warning pop up

7. Select the gear, click Attach and select the Text

That should do it.

So now I made another gear and I am using path deform but it going along the top of the gear instead of the center of the dear but I don't remember how I did it put it in in the inner circle keeps on going to go out or shapes