Chosing levels and elevations on the application status bar

Siberian

When working on projects the application status bar has an option to chose the different levels with their elevations. Anyone know the intended use for this? Also the Z-offset value beside seems to be linked to it in some way.

It's just a reference for your Z value. For instance, say you have ten levels and each level is 10'-0" high, totaling 100'-0". If you're on Level 2, which is 10'-0" high off the ground, and you choose Level 4 on the Elevation Selection Bar, and you start drawing a polyline, it'll have a Z elevation of 30'-0".

The Z Offset tool just simply adjusts the preset elevation to whatever offset you set it at.

I use the Z Offset tool a lot for bringing in hangers while in Plan View, not needing to make any adjustments. When I'm done setting my hangers, I put it back to 0 and keep on designing. :)