Problem with perspective view

arlonine

I have a problem with perspective view, probably because of some setting that I have changed, but I can't find a solution. If I use keyboard shortcuts to change views such a L for left, T for Top etc., when I go back to the perspective view, it has changed to whatever view I have last viewed. For example, I view a building in perspective view showing it from a corner and elevated. Then I change the view to a left view and then go back to perspective view, the perspective view is no longer showing what it did the last time I was viewing it, but is showing the view on the left. This gets very annoying when you just want to position an object in the left view and go back to perspective. Would anyone know what may be causing this ? I have even erased the 3dsmax.ini file and restarted max, but it hasn't helped.

Thanks

Arlo

Perspective view is not a standard view like front, left, right, etc. When you switch to Perspective view you're just switching from orthographic to perspective. So if you are viewing your object from the front, and then switch to perspective, you will get a perspective view of the front of your object. The same holds true for any other view. If you want to save a specific perspective view, so you can switch back to it, create a camera and set the view angle.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought I had messed it up with some forgotten setting. So mine is working as designed. I am now using a camera view that is working the way I wanted perspective view to work. wonderful! It's surprising how one little thing can get me sidetracked and away from actually learning this program. Thanks again.

Arlo