HOW TO CHANGE FONT SIZE across an entire layer at once.

rr1000

Just to add a couple things.

If a textstyle is defined with Text height = 0 then it uses TEXTSIZE variable.

The option to set Mtext hieght in command prompt just changes TEXTSIZE variable.

For the philosophical debate yes it is great to have flexability and be able to change objects by each instance. Maybe for a titleblock with where you need to change a text objects width for certian fields and not worth creating textstyles for different widths. In general I have to completely agree 100% with RobDraw.

People will copy and paste something like a drawing title or use a detail from old project and you end up with 10 drawings with the same textstlye and 8 different variations.

I suppose, in the long run, what matters is what is on the sheet of paper, not how you get there. That being said, those drafting standards that ReMark speaks of are still in practice, but not everyone that uses AutoCAD, or any other CAD program, is a drafter.

It's a dying art. Old draftsmen never die they just fade away. LOL

Now someone buys a $59 off-the-shelf home design program and they are ready to hang out the "Architect" single. I can draw a floor plan therefore I must be an architect!

Major constraints (i.e. - "standards") are not meant to be a deterrent to creativity or exploration of new/different ways of doing things. Working in a group setting as opposed to a one person office does have its challenges.

I completely agree. Standards are not a detriment and I wasn't referring to them as 'constraints'. (Although I should have made that clarification.) Standards if they are being used should be complied with. It is when there is a problem that requires a solution outside of that. I wouldn't be surprised if any ones standards dealt with issues such as color of text used within MTEXT but I wouldn't expect to see that being the case very much.

For example if you edit a text objects width factor, or oblique angle etc....... the standard checker will not catch it.

Also for DTEXT defaults to TEXTSIZE variable if TEXTSTYLE hieght is 0 and changing height will change TEXTSIZE.

• 7 years later...
On 2/1/2012 at 7:41 PM, rr1000 said:

Hello,

I have a layer of lables for a drawing that all have 1" text, and I want to change all the text to 1.5", without having to

scale them individually. There must be some way to select the layer and do a global adjustment of the text font?

I'm surprised I'm not finding this in the menu's, etc.

Since I need each text to scale properly from it's own

location, I cannot simply scale everything from one base

point.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The properties box is your friend for this one. After you isolate the layer, select everything visible. You can filter out everything but the text in a couple different ways but it is not necessary. You can go to the drop down menu at the top of the properties box and select the text. After that go down to the text height and change it.

See SLW's solution. That's what I would do.

To avoid having to do the same thing later, I would create a text style and assign it to all those text items. That way, if you need to change any property later, you change it once in the style definition. These tools are there to give you more power, why not use them?